Seattle City Attorney’s Office
Review Seattle Police Department (SPD) incident reports regarding misdemeanor crimes. These crimes may include assault, property destruction, theft, hit and run, driving under the influence, phone harassment, harassment with threats to cause injury, stalking, and/or violation of anti-harassment, no contact, and protection orders.
Conduct phone interviews with a wide variety of witnesses and/or victims.
Prepare memoranda containing specific and clear information from witnesses and/or victims regarding the details of the reports. This information will be provided to a prosecutor to review for possible criminal charges, and/or to prepare for trial.
Assist with producing discovery, restitution paperwork and ordering evidence.
Other duties as assigned.
Work directly with prosecutors in the Seattle City Attorney’s Office.
Skills and Commitment:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Excellent communication and writing skills required.
- Able to pass a criminal background check.
- Computer experience in Word, Excel and databases preferred.
- Minimum of 16 hours per week.
- Hours are very flexible between the hours of 8am and 5pm Monday through Friday.
- At least one school quarter commitment. This position is unpaid. Volunteer only.
Contact: Brialle Engelhart, Office Manager
Phone: 206.684.7731 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org