You are here

Ph.D. Student Guide

On this page:

Who To Contact

Below are suggested contacts, but the Department's Graduate Program Assistant, Director of Academic Services, Administrator, Chair and Associate Chair are available to assist graduate students with any issues that may arise. They will make referrals to other departmental or university staff as necessary. 

Who to Contact Types of Issues
Graduate Program Assistant
Ellen Gregoire,
M.A. and Ph.D requirements and exams. Going on leave. 
Director of Academic Services
Meera Roy,
TA assignments and withdrawing from TA assignments. Lecture or quiz scheduling and room assignment problems. Add code problems. Undergraduates who need advising or university support. 
Ann Buscherfeld,
Payroll. ASE tuition payment. Research grant awards and grant proposals.
Rachel Cichowski,
Issues with faculty. Complaints.
Associate Chair
Mark Smith,
Issues with faculty who are TA supervisors and students in classes. 
Computing Specialist
Stephen Dunne,
Technical and printing issues. 

Student Guide

The following is information on Master's and Doctoral program requirements.


Family and Medical Leave Information

Washington State Paid Family & Medical Leave (PFML) Program is a paid leave plan offered through the state when a serious health condition prevents you from working, when you need to time to care for a family member or welcome a new child, or for certain military-related events. You can find information on PFML at and at