Are you interested in a career in the sciences? Would you like to:
- Explore a wide variety of careers available to students with a broad science background?
- Network with professionals in science careers, including science education, communication, and policy?
- Learn about successful pathways to careers in the sciences, as well as the skills required for those careers?
INTSCI 301: Integrated Sciences Careers Seminar (1 credit, credit/no credit)
Weekly guest speakers in INTSCI 301 expose students to a variety of possible careers and provide students with insights and tips based on their own careers. Students complete a final "field experience" consisting of a visit and an informational interview with someone working in the sciences.
INTSCI 301 is open to undergraduates at all levels who are interested in learning more about science careers.
Here is what some of our previous students had to say about the course:
- "The field experience exposed me to a career I didn't even know existed! This class should be required for all science majors. I wish I had taken it when I first came to the UW."
- "This class was a very pleasant surprise. It proved to be helpful in areas other than just exploring science careers."
- "Having guest speakers come in from different fields is really awesome and gives lots of different perspectives."
INTSCI 301 will meet on Wednesdays, 3:30-4:50 p.m. If you have any questions, please email Meghan Oxley, Integrated Sciences Adviser, at: firstname.lastname@example.org