Registration for Autumn Quarter opens on May 6. Autumn Quarter is the time to start language first and second year sequences in Asian languages.
The South Asia faculty in Asian Languages and Literature have created YouTube videos about the benefits of studying these languages for international careers. We encourage you to consider taking one of these languages and challenging yourself!
- > 210 million speakers worldwide (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukr3IHvAoiQ)
- Bengali courses and degrees: https://asian.washington.edu/fields/bengali-bangla
Hindi (Prem Pahlajrai)
- > 380 million speakers worldwide (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JrqCjucSQE)
- Hindi courses and degrees: https://asian.washington.edu/fields/hindi
Urdu (Jameel Ahmad, Jennifer Dubrow)
- > 160 million speakers worldwide (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWCcjca2YDs)
- Urdu courses and degrees: https://asian.washington.edu/fields/urdu