Student Assistant: International Undergraduate Admissions
HuskyJobs ID# 108469
- Maintain a high volume of email correspondence with international undergraduate students, including freshmen and transfer prospective students, applicants, and students who are offered admission to the UW.
- Answer a variety of questions about international admission requirements, deadlines, application status, orientation programs, registering for classes, housing, student support services, UW student life, and much more. Refer applicants to campus partners and departments as appropriate.
- Assist the Undergraduate International Admissions staff with application processing, including filing, matching documents to applications, data entry, immigration form processing, and other tasks as assigned.
- Assist with daily office responsibilities throughout Admissions and/or Enrollment Services departments as needed.
- Must be a currently enrolled Seattle campus undergraduate student.
- Must have completed at least 45 credits at the UW of undergraduate coursework with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA at the time of application.
- Outstanding communication skills, especially writing detailed and professional emails that represent the UW.
- Strong knowledge of programs and services at the UW and ability to provide information to prospective students.
- Ability to work independently in a busy office with minimum supervision while understanding role within the team.
- Experience working with people from different cultures, non-native English speakers, and a strong interest in international education.
- Reliable, motivated self-starter with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy with a large volume of work.
- Excellent problem solving and multitasking skills, and ability to understand a large amount of nuanced information.
- Involvement with UW student clubs and/or organizations.
- Comfortable and skilled at using MS Outlook, MS Word, databases, and other computer programs.
Pay & Hours
- $13 per hour
- 15 hours per week, Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Must be available to work during these hours at least 4 days a week. A quarterly schedule will be set based on the selected candidate’s availability.
How To Apply
- Application deadline: Sunday, October 31, 2016 (11:59pm). Late applications will not be considered.
- On your résumé or cover letter, include: 1) expected date of graduation, 2) number of credits completed at the UW (Seattle), and 3) cumulative GPA.
- Submit your resume, cover letter, and an unofficial transcript through HuskyJobs, ID# 108469. Only resumes submitted online through HuskyJobs will be considered.
- Include contact information for two references (preferably from the UW).