Need I&S, NW, or W credit?
ESS 203: Glaciers and Global Change is a great option! It is designed for non-science majors and has no prerequisites.
ESS 203 Glaciers and Global Change
- NW, I&S, optional W
- Winter QTR 2017
- SLN 14698
- Instructor: Ed Waddington firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: courses.washington.edu/ess203
- No Pre-Requisites, open to both Non-Science and Science Majors
- Small interactive class
- Group activities
- Field trips explore impact of glaciers on Seattle.
- Learn how glaciers work
- Why they are changing
- How they reveal past climate
- How they will respond to future climate change
IPCC* confirms that around the world
- glaciers are melting
- sea level is rising
- millions of people, even whole countries, are at risk
- and humans are causing it.
*Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. The Scientific Basis. AR5, 2013.
Your 21C world is changing fast.
- Will you understand it?
- Are you ready to handle it?