A Pride Foundation internship is an ideal experience for someone interested in a career in the nonprofit sector, particularly in philanthropy, and in applying their education and skills in a real-world environment. Learning opportunities include:
- Exposure to processes and practices used in community foundations from engagement with a community grant cycle, a scholarship cycle, to analyzing data, to handling the arch.
- Exposure to how LGBTQ philanthropy fits into philanthropy as a whole and understanding the expectations of donors, volunteers, scholars and grantees, and the communities we serve.
- Gain experience in use of the grants and scholarship application software, donor and volunteer database software, and other web-based tools such as developing and facilitating webinars.
- Learn to work as part of a collaborative regional team.
- Receive supervision, coaching, mentoring,...