To apply, students must have the following:
- a declared major
- a minimum of 45 credits overall (sophomore standing)
- a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
Contact your major adviser to declare the Political Science minor.
Requirements for the Political Science minor (30 credits total)
- 5 credits of an introductory Pol S course chosen from Pol S 101, 201, 202, 203, 204, or 205
- 25 credits of upper-level Pol S courses numbered 210 and above. Independent studies and internships (e.g. Pol S 496, 497, 498, and 499) do not count towards the minor. Five credits of Pol S 497 will count towards the minor.
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA in the minor
- Minimum of 15 credits of poltiical science courses taken at UW
If you have any questions about the minor requirements, please contact Political Science Advising.