The Agnes C. Nelson Memorial Scholarship is offered to students majoring in either Political Science or Economics, who demonstrate interest in both fields. One scholarship, approximately $8,000 towards tuition for the 2018-19 Academic year, will be awarded to a
student who shows commitment to these fields and meets the following eligibility criteria:
1. maintain a cumulative UW GPA of at least 3.2,
2. have completed 25 combined credits in Economics and Political Science, with at least 10 credits in each department,
3. have completed 75 credits by the end of Spring Quarter 2018,
4. have submitted a completed application form with all necessary attachments,
5. be eligible for financial aid, as determined by the UW Financial Aid Office.
***If you did not apply for financial aid (submit a FAFSA) by the February 28th, 2018 deadline, contact the Financial Aid Office in 105 Schmitz Hall about submitting a late application.***
The deadline for the Agnes Nelson Scholarship application is 5:00pm Friday, May 4th, 2018.
Return the application to the Political Science Advising Office in 215 Smith Hall. Double Majors in Econ and Pol S may return the application to either the Pol S Advising or Econ Advising office.
The application packet must include the following:
1. A completed application form (click here). Applications are also available in 215 Smith.
2. An unofficial UW transcript (a transcript should be printed from your MyUW page).
3. A 500-word essay (2 pages, double-spaced) in which you examine the interrelationships between political processes and economic decisions.