Newman Partners is a top level consulting firm, focused on fundraising and strategy for progressive political campaigns in Washington State. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in campaign work - particularly the fields of research, finance, community organizing, voter contact, volunteer recruitment and more.
Because of the very public presence of our clients, the utmost level of confidentiality and awareness that any action taken can reflect on these public officials is required of each intern.
Description of responsibilities
- Assist with event coordination, planning, recruiting attendees, and day-of-event operations
- Conduct research, help with database management, contact supporters and donors
- Make phone calls to past and current donors to follow up on event invitations and invite them to events for the campaign
- Work with staff to carry out administrative duties, including data entry, mass mailings, filings, answering the phone and other office related tasks
- Assist with the distribution of event materials, including but not limited to invitations and event signage
- Perform other duties, based on intern interests and campaign needs
Skills or qualifications that we'd like applicants to possess
Must be well-organized and very detailed-oriented
Must be professional and polite when interacting with donors
Must have excellent communication skills
Hours: Flexible. We prefer someone who can commit to at least 5 - 10 hours per week in order to successfully get a feel of the team environment.
Start and end dates: Flexible
Internship supervisor's name and title
If you are interested and ready to gain some real, on-the-ground experience in the exciting world of politics, please send your resume to email@example.com with “Finance Internship” as the subject line.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship but we can help students earn course credit, if their school offers that opportunity. We are also happy to provide references for students who successfully complete their internships.
Application deadline: No deadline