Blue Wave Political Partners is seeking interns to join our political compliance and fundraising consulting firm. The scope of work covers campaigns at every level of government in Washington State and across the country. This position is located in Seattle, WA.
This is a great opportunity for those looking to gain experience in political campaigns as well as professional development through program workshops. These have previously included resume building, interview prep, as well as other areas of a campaign cycle such as polling.
Blue Wave interns are expected to work at least a full quarter. We can comply with specific school requirements to receive credit if applicants are interested. Start and end dates are flexible. While hours may vary week to week, interns should expect to schedule an average of 10 hours a week for Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters.
Assist with responsibilities including:
- Special event coordination from small gatherings to large scale political fundraisers.
- Conduct in-depth donor research and donor communication
- Database maintenance
- Manage client mail and contribution processing.
- Draft campaign communications including mass email and social media posts.
- Other responsibilities and projects as they develop.
This is an entry-level program for enthusiastic applicants seeking campaign experience. Typically this includes undergraduate students however a degree or college enrollment is not required. A basic understanding of government structure and campaigning is helpful.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to prioritize and meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to maintain and manage confidential or sensitive information.
- Attention to detail