Join the local team leading the fight against presidential corruption by passing state laws to require Presidential candidates to release their tax returns.
- Learn valuable citizen lobbying skills
- Learn organizational and computer skills applicable to any role in business or politics
- Meet influential groups and consultants
- Gain an understanding of how local Washington state politics works
Presidential Transparency is a non-partisan citizen activist group based in Washington State. We work to help restore the American people's trust in their government, starting with the highest office. Our goal is to daylight the financial history of candidates, to fight corruption, and to promote good government. Presidential Transparency is looking for a bright, energetic and highly-motivated individual who wants to learn real-world strategies for local political activism that produce results.
If you're looking to make a big difference in a small organization and get some valuable work experience, then send in your cover letter and resume to the email at the bottom of this post.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English in a professional manner
- Must be tech savvy
- Must be well organized & able to balance multiple projects
- Must be a proactive self-starter
- Preferred: Proficiency in social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, experience with Microsoft Excel
Projects will include:
- Researching and contacting ally groups
- Updating website content
- Preparing for and meeting with state lawmakers
- Creating and disseminating press releases
- Contacting legislative district members
- This will be primarily a remote position, with weekly in-person meetings.
- This is an unpaid position.
- Recommendations will be provided to those who successfully complete 10 or more weeks of the internship.
Seeking candidates immediately. If you think you fit the qualifications & would like to intern at Presidential Transparency, please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com