2015-2016 Labor Studies Scholarships & Research Grants
Full information: http://depts.washington.edu/pcls/
Are you a University of Washington student studying labor and workers rights? Working for social justice outside the classroom? Pursuing a career in the labor movement, law, public service or the non-profit sector? Apply for a scholarship or grant!
Each year, the Harry Bridges Center awards thousands of dollars to top students in Labor Studies. This year, over $35,000 will be awarded. Deadlines for this year's awards are approaching. Apply now!
Deadline to apply: Monday, June 15, 2015
This year's scholarships include:
- Martin and Anne Jugum Scholarship - $5,500 for undergraduate students
- Gundlach Scholarship - $5,500 for undergraduate or graduate students
- Samuel Bassett Scholarship - $5,500 for undergrad or graduate students pursuing a career in labor relations
- Labor and Employment Relations Association (LERA) Scholarship - $1,000 for students pursuing a career in labor relations
- Martha H. Duggan Fellowship - $10,000 for graduate students studying or providing caring labor
- Best Labor Studies Paper Prize - $250 for the best graduate and undergraduate papers
This year's research grants include:
The Bridges Center supports ground-breaking labor studies research through our annual grant funding program. For a look at past sponsored projects, visit our Featured Research website.
- Graduate Student Research Grant- $2,500-$5,000 for graduate student research in Labor Studies
- Washington State Labor Research Grant - $7,500-$13,000 for UW faculty or graduate students with UW faculty sponsor.