We are looking to recruit several student leaders from the Global Health Minor undergraduate community to serve as part of the Global Health Undergraduate Leadership Committee (GHULC).
Over the last year, we had 7 fantastic student leaders lead the minor in tremendous growth and progress. Several of these students are graduating this quarter and we are looking to recruit several capable students to join the leadership committee for the 2015-16 academic year.
Applications can be found at: https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/ghminor/269624
Applications are due Tuesday, May 5th at 12 NOON
- You have a chance to shape an academic program through providing feedback and support
- You will network with a variety of faculty and staff in global health, both on campus and off campus
- You will meet other students with similar interests in global health
- You will improve your leadership skills
The primary functions of the student leadership committee include:
- Advise the Global Health Minor team regarding courses, events, outreach and student interests
- Assist with event planning including brainstorming, logistics and on-site support for minor-related events and special projects
- Identify new and creative ways for outreach such as social media (i.e., blog, update Facebook, Twitter, etc.) or community events (i.e., tabling at the MAPS conference)
- Act as peer leaders fielding questions from, and providing information to, prospective and newly enrolled students
Basic Eligibility Requirements:
- Must have declared the minor or are intending on declaring the minor
- Must be available to attend regular weekly meetings
- Must commit to the leadership position for a minimum of 1-year
Students in GHULC act as representatives of the Global Health Minor to current and prospective students of the minor. Please note that this position requires a small time investment and the ability to be flexible with your schedule, in the form of weekly meetings and attendance at minor-related events and projects.
If you have any questions about the student leadership committee, please feel free to contact one of the Global Health Minor advisers at email@example.com.