Sandy Brown is running for Seattle City Council in Seattle’s District 5, north Seattle. Sandy4Seattle is currently seeking Campaign Interns. This position is intended for individuals with a strong desire to positively impact the future of Seattle through concentrated, goal-driven voter contact and outreach activities.
- Critical and strategic thinking;
- Highly developed project management skills with demonstrated experience;
- Demonstrated ability working with diverse partners;
- Demonstrated success working both as a team player and independently;
- Attention to details and deadlines;
- Good judgment, discretion, and ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Be willing to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, people-oriented work environment.
Interns will directly support the Campaign Manager with various tasks. Specific duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Campaign Manager in the recruitment and retention of a volunteer workforce, both over the phone and in-person;
- Participating in daily voter contact activities such as phone banking and door-to-door canvassing;
- Collecting, organizing and data-entering all materials related to voter contact activities;
- Ability to work with local partners to find resources in the community and a willingness to ask for help from others;
- Edit campaign materials;
- Assist in building and managing volunteer and community outreach events;
- Comfort working in online computer environments, and a basic proficiency in Word and Excel.
Individuals applying for this position must be able to commit to 10 – 20 hours per week of campaign activity. If interested please contact Alyson McLean at Alyson@sandy4seattle.com. When applying, please attach current resume.