Exciting, once-in-a-lifetime campaign volunteer opportunity with real responsibility and real ability to improve neighborhoods and give a voice to the people of Northeast Seattle at City Hall! If you want to be in politics and government, then here’s the real political experience you need.
- With assistance from Campaign Manager, develop and execute a comprehensive field plan in collaboration with senior campaign staff
- Recruit, train and supervise field organizing team
- Engage, motivate and manage volunteer schedules
- Coordinate field organizing operations, including weekly block walks and phone banks throughout the district
- Follow the comprehensive field plan in collaboration with field director and senior campaign staff
- Manage field budget program and logistics of voter contact, volunteer recruitment, grassroots engagement and get out the vote (GOTV) activities
- Collect, organize and enter all voter contact data on a daily basis
- Weekly reports detailing voter contact results with measurable goals
- Assist in attending events on behalf of the campaign and staffing the candidate when needed
Qualifications and desired skills:
- Upbeat and motivated to win for the neighborhoods and the candidate
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and leadership ability, successful at motivating field staff to meet recruitment and voter contact goals
- Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to walk 3 to 5 miles and at least 30 flights of stairs per shift
- Ability to manage with confidential and sensitive information
- Prior campaign experience or community organizing experience preferred
- Knowledge of NGP VAN voter file and social media preferred
Details: This is a part-time unpaid position with varying hourly demands. On average, it is estimated that the field director will work 30 hours per week. Reliable transportation is required.
Compensation: This is an unpaid position. Based on Field Director’s performance, the Candidate and/or Campaign Manager can write letter of recommendation and/or serve as a professional reference for your future career ambitions.
Contact: Laura Bernstein laura @tonyprovine.com with resume and references