The Environmental Health and Safety department on the Seattle campus has a new opening for a part-time, student marketing communications assistant, for this summer through the next school year.
Marketing Communications Assistant (Student)
Environmental Health and Safety Department
Part-time (19 hours per week), July 2015 through June 2016
The Environmental Health and Safety department promotes and supports occupational and environmental health and safety for faculty, staff, and students at the UW. Our mission is to partner with our stakeholders in meeting our shared responsibility to provide a safe campus and protect our environment.
The marketing communications assistant will report to the outreach and communications specialist and work with staff in the department to improve and develop marketing communications materials that educate and engage the UW community about safety and health programs.
- Assist with creative concept planning for campaigns and outreach efforts, working collaboratively to guide creative concepts to reality.
- Conceptualize, coordinate, and independently produce short videos promoting a campus safety culture.
- Design graphic elements for web, posters, flyers, and other promotional materials.
- Provide input and general administrative support to the website redesign steering committee.
- Assist with writing, editing, layout, and publication of departmental newsletter.
- Assist in planning and coordination of the safety fair and other campus events.
- Assist with developing presentations for the director.
- Take photos and develop and manage a departmental photo library.
- Assist with concept and planning for a departmental social media strategy.
- Participate in team meetings and discussions and take and distribute minutes as requested.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Familiarity with video production and editing.
- Experience developing creative concepts.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Interest in safety and health.
- Previous experience working in an office environment.
- Experience designing or developing websites.
- Photography experience.
Level of Experience: Related college coursework, 1-2 years related work experience. Candidates may be asked to provide a portfolio of their work and will complete a writing evaluation during the interview process.
Salary Level: $15-20/hour DOE
Send cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcript to Wendy Secrist, communications and outreach specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org.