Job Opening: Project Manager for Asia
Location: Yale University, New Haven, CT
Apply Now: http://yale.edu/hronline/careers/application/external/index.html and search Requisition # 32469BR
The Yale Young Global Scholars Program is an academic enrichment and leadership training initiative at Yale for talented high school students from around the world, who apply through a
competitive application to study on the Yale campus in the summer. Read more at http://globalscholars.yale.edu.
The International Program Specialist will:
- Contribute to the development of complex projects for advancing Yale’s interests in a specific foreign country.
- Work with various groups and individuals, University wide, on programs and activities that are related to a specific foreign country.
- Conduct research and remain informed on current events in the foreign country, relating to higher education, government, and the healthcare sector and high profile individuals.
- Develop electronic communication materials for the foreign country’s opinion leaders.
- Assist with Yale-foreign country leadership programs, including preparation of course materials and interaction with the participants on campus and during excursions.
- Ensure that appropriate protocols are observed during visits. Organize agendas, prepare materials, and coordinate activities for visiting delegations to Yale.
- Manage confidential correspondence and responses to phone, fax, and electronic communications.
- Translate correspondence and other materials from English to the foreign language and vice versa.
- Provide oral interpretation.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of related experience or the equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Personal or professional experience working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to intercultural sensitivity
- Must be fluent in a specific foreign language
Preferred education and experience:
- Advanced degree in a field relevant to the academic content of YYGS, to include Asian Studies or other area studies, law, business, or the social sciences
- Experience with enrichment programs, such as the Yale Young Global Scholars Program
- Deep knowledge of Asia, to include travel, living, or proficiency in languages in common use in East Asian countries (e.g., Mandarin)