Scholarship search and application sessions:
Scholarship 101: Getting Started in the Search for Scholarships
- Tues., January 26, 2016, 4:30-5:30pm, MGH 171
- RSVP at https://expo.uw.edu/expo/rsvp/event/244, though drop-ins are also welcome!
Specifically designed for freshmen and sophomores, this introductory workshop provides students with information to begin the scholarship search and to develop a competitive edge for merit-based scholarships.
Curriculum Vitae Writing Workshop:
- Mon., February 1, 2016, 4:30-5:30pm, MGH 171
- RSVP at https://expo.uw.edu/expo/rsvp/event/237, though drop-ins are also welcome!
Develop your undergraduate CV/Resume for use in scholarship, fellowship, research opportunities, and graduate school applications! Bring a working draft, such as an existing resume, and a list of activities, experiences, jobs, honors, etc.
Personal Statement Writing Workshop
- Wed., February 3, 3016, 4:30-5:30pm, MGH 171
- RSVP at https://expo.uw.edu/expo/rsvp/event/236, though drop-ins are also welcome!
Applying for scholarships, internships, and graduate/professional programs often requires a personal statement or application letter. This type of writing requires you to outline your strengths confidently and concisely, which can be challenging. Personal Statement Workshops provide students with essential information to develop an understanding of not only writing about their interests, eligibility and suitability for applications, but also to learn how their statements provide evidence of their achievements that aren’t reflected in other parts of an application.
Scholarships 201: The Search for Undergraduate Scholarships & Graduate Fellowships
- Thurs., February 4, 2016, 5:00-6:00pm, MGH 171
- RSVP at https://expo.uw.edu/expo/rsvp/event/245, though drop-ins are also welcome!
This workshop provides assistance to continuing students looking to fund undergraduate academic years and graduate school. This will include information on discipline specific scholarships, campus funding opportunities, scholarship search sites, and tips to develop competitive applications.
Getting Great Recommendation Letters
- Mon., February 8, 2016, 4:30-5:30pm, MGH 171
- RSVP to attend at https://expo.uw.edu/expo/rsvp/event/289, though drop-ins are also welcome!
This workshop will help you plan ahead for developing strong relationships with faculty and other mentors, asking for letters of recommendation, and preparing your recommenders to write you stellar letters.