Are you seeking help with academic English?
The Academic English Program (AEP) is offering courses during Summer Quarter and Early Fall Start. All international and multilingual students are welcome. If there are any questions about registering, students can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENGLISH 103: ACADEMIC WRITING FROM SOURCES
Day/Time: T/Th 3:30-6:00pm
EARLY FALL START: August 23 - September 16th
ENGLISH 102: CRITICAL READING & WRITING (5 credits)
- Develop and practice the reading, writing and critical thinking strategies needed for analyzing and responding to academic texts.
- Strengthen grammar, organization and vocabulary to improve accuracy and fluency in writing.
ENGLISH 103: ACADEMIC WRITING FROM SOURCES (5 credits)
- Develop and practice the reading, writing, and critical thinking strategies needed to create organized and correctly documented papers using academic sources.
- Learn how to critically read academic texts, develop research questions, make claims, determine the credibility of sou! rces, and appropriately cite sources in your writing.
ENGLISH 104: COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES FOR THE AMERICAN CLASSROOM (5 credits)
- Develop the listening and speaking skills needed for active participation in university courses.
- Learn how to take effective notes, give presentations, and lead and participate in class discussions.
- Practice asking questions, sharing opinions, and expressing agreement and disagreement in the classroom.