Are you looking to find an internship opportunity? Search no further! The Career & Internship Center’s Internship Fair is a great opportunity for students of all majors, class levels, and from all three UW Campuses to connect with corporate, small business, non-profit and government employers who are all looking for Huskies, like YOU, to fill their internship needs. Don’t miss out on this perfect opportunity!
Thursday, February 16th, 2017
2:00-6:00pm, HUB Ballrooms
Students from all 3 campuses are welcome to attend
Use The Fairs App to access information about the Internship Fair (attending employers, positions, position types, majors, and class levels employers are looking to recruit at the fair). The Fairs App is available to download to your iphone/ipad from the Apple App Store or from Google Play Store for Android phones
Tips On How To Prep For The Fair:
- Look at sample resumes in the Career Guide
- Once you have your resume drafted, stop by for a Same-Day Session and/or ResumeFest to get some feedback on it
- Submit your resume to the 2017 Internship Fair Resume Book! Select employers have purchased access to this book, in the hopes of identifying talented UW candidates. Whether or not you’re attending the fair, don’t miss this opportunity to stand out! Please see instructions below on how to submit your resume:
- Login to your HuskyJobs account at https://c103-shib.symplicity.com/sso
- From the “Documents” tab on the your left hand side navigation pane, select “Opt-in Resume Books”
- Select the DropDown menu under the Resume Book you’d like to submit your resume to
- Take a look at the attending employers (using The Fairs App) and spend a few minutes researching the employers you are interested in meeting with by visiting their web sites and doing a quick review of them online. The list is updated regularly
- Prepare and practice your introduction. What do you want the employer to know about you? Which of your skills and past experiences do you want to highlight?
- Have a short 15-second “sales pitch” ready and make sure to build in some good questions of your own to ask the employer
- Attend the Internship Fair Success workshop to learn how to prepare, what to bring, what to say, and how to follow-up
What You Should Wear:
Your style of dress may vary according to the type of field you’re considering and the employers you plan to meet with. However, you’ll find that most employers will be wearing business-casual attire, which is a safe bet for you as well. For example, consider wearing pressed slacks or a skirt with a blouse, sweater, or collared shirt.
The Day Of The Fair:
- Bring 10-15 copies of your well-prepared resume to the fair
- Greet employers with a smile and handshake
- Collect business cards
- Send a thank you note to interesting employers you talked with
- Lockers or storage facilities are not available; to increase the ease with which you can move through the fair, we recommend trying to minimize what you bring with you
- Please bring your Husky card and have it ready for check-in purpose
We look forward to seeing you at the Internship Fair on February 16th!