Announcement from the RSO Active Minds at the University of Washington:
Uniting Voices: Mental Health Conference, on May 6th, 2017, at Alder’s Commons from 10 am - 3:30 pm, aims to develop greater awareness of mental health issues and empower attendees to combat the surrounding stigma.
The conference will feature Phil Borges, director of documentary CRAZYWISE, and Elaine Walsh PhD as speakers. UW students will speak on a panel about their experiences with different mental illnesses to show the real-life implications of the discussed topics. Flanking the student panel section will be discussion-based workshops:
- Gail P- Psychiatric Abuse
- Ann Vander Stoep Ph.D.- Mental Health in Public Health
- Marcie Klevens MA, LMHCA- The Hearing Voices Movement
- Shira Rosen MSW- Community, Education, and Suicide
- Tabitha Kirkland Ph.D.- Positive Psychology: Resilience, Coping, Mindfulness
WHEN: Saturday, May 6th, 10am - 3:30 pm (Check in: 9:30am)
WHERE: The University of Washington, Alder Commons
Contact us at email@example.com. Links: Facebook event, Facebook page
Breakfast and lunch will be provided at the event.