Government Affairs Representative #53532
Job # : 53532
At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service and an exciting and innovative future ahead! Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Puget Sound Energy’s Government Affairs and Public Policy Department is looking for a Government Affairs Representative to join our team.
The Government Affairs and Public Policy Department is an integral part of PSE that partners with internal and external stakeholder groups to develop beneficial policy solutions. Working closely with PSE’s executives and numerous departments across the organization, the Government Affairs and Public Policy Department is well-positioned to engage on a wide range of PSE initiatives.
This role is essential to PSE as it supports public policy objectives at local, state and federal levels by tracking legislation and regulatory issues, providing department logistics and support, and developing legislative and regulatory analysis and policy research.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of political, legislative and regulatory processes; demonstrate attention to detail; strong written and verbal communication skills; an ability to research and summarize complex topics; and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex tasks and projects within short deadlines.
- Identifies and analyzes current and emerging public policy issues impacting the electric and natural gas utility industries.
- Identifies and monitors legislation of importance to PSE.
- Tracks regulatory activities of various agencies and assists in developing company participation in the regulatory process.
- Researches proposed legislation, ballot initiatives, and laws in other states and identify stakeholder positions on public policy issues.
- Prepares relevant documentation/content including testimony, briefings, and reports based on research and findings, in support of director and lobbyists.
- Provides supplementary research in helping to build an objective position/body of evidence.
- Maintains PSE’s proprietary bill database. Tracks the introduction of various bills and updates database.
- Coordinates related communications to key stakeholders, management and business partners.
- Tracks department budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience may substitute.
- Understanding of political, legislative and regulatory process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks or projects at one time.
- Prior experience in government affairs/relations.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award-winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.
Please apply online at http://www.PSE.com/careers