UW Sustainability is a central source for information and resources regarding sustainability at the University of Washington. We promote sustainability in print and online communications.
At the University of Washington, diversity is integral to excellence. UW Sustainability values and honors diverse experiences and perspectives, while striving to create a welcoming and respectful learning environments, and promote access and opportunity for all. UW Sustainability encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
The Student Program Assistant will report to the Director and work closely with the UW Sustainability team to support the office.
- Assist with maintenance, update, and data entry for databases and spreadsheets.
- Perform routine clerical tasks, such as reception, filing, on-campus deliveries, typing, word processing, answering phones, assisting with mailings, assisting in the setup of meeting rooms and audio-visual equipment
- Manage the office supply inventory, coordinate office supplies ordering, maintain office space and break out rooms
- Respond to office inquiries and support the office with communications to university staff, students, and faculty members about office activities and resources
- Assist with website updates: (http://green.uw.edu)
- Assist staff with campus sustainability activities, such as the Sustainability Festival, Earth Day
- Assist with special projects
- Support Director with meeting scheduling. and coordination
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Strong communicator, both in writing and in person
- Interest in environmental justice, social equity, ecological knowledge, and/or environmental sustainability.
- Previous experience working in an office environment.
- Ability to maintain and create relationships with student and departmental groups through attending meetings, events, or completing necessary outreach.
- Ability to work in the position for at least several quarters