Join us for an introduction to Boren and Critical Language Scholarships for study abroad. Scholarships like the Boren and CLS provide funding to U.S. citizen students at varying levels of proficiency to study languages considered to be "critical" to US interests. These sessions will provide an overview of the scholarships and insights on how to develop competitive applications.
Boren Awards Information Session (Boren only)
- November 18 | 4:30 pm | MGH 171 & Online
- November 21 | 4:30 pm | MGH 171 & Online
- December 4 | 4:00 pm | MGH 171 & Online
Boren Awards Highlights:
- Open to U.S. citizens
- Up to $20,000 for undergraduates who study language abroad during the academic year (semester or longer)
- Must be studying a language abroad (list of preferred languages here)
- Up to $8,000 for STEM students to study a language abroad during the summer.
- Up to $30,000 for graduate students who will study a language abroad.
- Selected students must commit to working for in the federal government for one year.
Critical Language Scholarship Highlights:
- Open to U.S. citizen undergraduates and graduates in every field.
- Fully funded intensive language and cultural immersion program (FREE)!
- Languages offered are: Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bangla, Chinese, Hindi, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Portuguese, Punjabi, Russian, Swahili, Turkish, and Urdu.
- Program includes cultural activities, field trips, room & board, and travel.