Trina Hamilton is an Associate Professor of Geography at the State University of New York at Buffalo (UB). She is a human geographer with expertise on governance networks, urban sustainability politics, corporate social and environmental responsibility, and ethical markets. Trina serves as co-director of the Center for Trade, Environment and Development (CTED), and is actively involved in UB’s Baldy Center for Law & Social Policy, as well as several UB sustainability initiatives. She recently published Just Green Enough: Urban Development and Environmental Gentrification (co-edited with Winifred Curran for Routledge’s Equity, Justice and the Sustainable City Series). She is also currently working on a National Science Foundation (NSF)-funded research project on the ethical diamond trade. Trina’s research and commentary has been featured in the popular press, including FastCompany, The Guardian, The Huffington Post, and The Washington Post.
- Programs & Courses
- Affiliated Centers
- Center for American Politics and Public Policy (CAPPP)
- Center for Communication and Civic Engagement (CCCE)
- Center for Environmental Politics (CEP)
- Center for Human Rights (CHR)
- Center for Social Science Computation & Research (CSSCR)
- Center for Statistics & the Social Sciences (CSSS)
- Comparative Law and Society Studies Center (CLASS)
- European Union Center (EUC)
- Harry Bridges Center for Labor Studies (CLS)
- Washington Institute for the Study of Inequality and Race (WISIR)
- News & Events
Please see our Important Message for Spring Quarter Students. The Political Science main office has moved online and staff will be teleworking starting on March 9, 2020. Please email email@example.com for general information. For students needing advising, please visit the advising page to see your options. The Smith 220 Computer Classroom is closed until further notice.