Deadline Monday, February 20
Bring your idea or capstone project to life.
Use your skills to create innovative solutions.
Enter the Alaska Airlines Environmental Innovation Challenge.
Open to students across all disciplines from colleges and universities throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Form a team and enter the 2017 Alaska Airlines Environmental Innovation Challenge by Monday, February 20. Our most pressing environmental problems are opportunities for innovation. If you have a passion for cleantech, smarts to play in the green economy, and the desire to make an impact, now is the time to think creatively and take action!
1. Complete the Team Registration Form
- All team members must be registered
- Need Team Members? Check out the Student Entrepreneur Team Building site. Register an account as a team looking for members, or an individual with skills searching for a good team to join. Then go to the Showcase website to browse for students interested in joining a team. (Note: This site is for college/university student use only)
2. Prepare Your Business Summary
- Review the judging criteria for the Screening Round.
- View 5-7 page business summaries from previous years under the Resources tab. To view more business summaries, contact Lauren Brohawn, firstname.lastname@example.org and make an appointment to come by the office.
- Schedule an appointment with one of our MBA HIC/EIC Business Development Consultants by emailing Lauren Brohawn, email@example.com.
3. Upload Your 5-7 Page Business Summary by February 20, 11:59 pm (late entries not accepted)
The top 21 teams from the Screening Round advance to the Challenge on March 30, at Seattle Center Exhibition Hall.
Additional Resources and Opportunities to Support Your Team
Panel: Insights from Past Participants
Thursday, February 23, 5:00–6:00 pm in Bank America Executive Ed Building, room 320
Attend this interactive session featuring students who experienced the trials, tribulations and thrills of taking part in Environmental Innovation Challenge and the Business Plan Competition. Don’t miss the opportunity to learn from these past BPC superstars! Please RSVP – pizza provided!
UW Entrepreneurial Law Clinic
Aren’t sure how to protect your IP? Curious about patents, trademarks, and copyrights? The UW Entrepreneurial Law Clinic is looking for new clients to apply for free legal advice for the upcoming Spring quarter. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 616-5854.
Attend or watch Resource Nights, covering various aspects of creating a startup venture, from idea generation to legal issues to raising capital. The classes are recorded and streamed live each Thursday night starting at 6:00 pm. Watch the video any time after the original broadcast.
Check out the Buerk Center’s Start-Up Resources webpage.